Monday 27 April 2020

Enabling Access


The Enabling Access session was very helpful. I was unaware of just how little people could see of my site. The
feedback from my peers was so valuable and I was able to make a lot of changes.
I enjoyed having the time to work on my site and give it the attention it needed to be more successful. I have started
to think ahead how I will set up my site for later on in the year. Learning from home (through lockdown) and learning
in the classroom requires different elements and functionalities. I am committed to less scrolling and limiting the
clicks to access the learning.
I think it is also really important to limit the password and user name access to learning. It makes it difficult for some
students to keep on top of their passwords.

  • What did I learn that increased my understanding of Manaiakalani kaupapa and pedagogy?
We started off the day learning about what makes sites more successful. We looked at the way it is set up, the flow of pages, limiting the scrolling, images and themes, consistency in font, colours and layout. We also looked at the functionality of the site and how the students can access the learning, and can follow the learn, create, share model.
  • What did I learn that could improve my confidence, capability or workflow as a professional?
Through learning about making a successful site I learnt a lot about access, continuity and opening sharing settings. I found it really helpful when others looked at my site and fed back to me about what they could and couldn't see on my site as well as how they felt my site was going and improvements that were needed.
  • What did I learn that could be used with my learners?  
Opening up the sharing setting for whole folders was really helpful. This meant every time I moved something to that folder it would immediately have the sharing setting for that folder.
  • What did I learn that could improve my confidence, capability or workflow in my personal life?
We spent some time working on our professional blog. We learnt how to put codes in to change theme. We also learnt how to add blog lists. I would like to spend more time exploring Blogger and how to use it properly.


This coming week I would like to spend more time learning about Blogger and how it can be used to support my teaching and learning journey.

Learning slides

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Jess, Great to hear the Enabling Access to you class sites was of value. Your learners will appreciate it.
    The gadgets on your blog are looking useful. You could consider moving the 'Blog List' gadget down in the order and also enabling the 'Follow by email' gadget by clicking into in when you are in Layout. Remember to save arrangement if you move gadgets. We usually suggest the gadgets and order are much the same as the learners blogs.
    Regards,
    Maria

    ReplyDelete