Tuesday 28 April 2020

Devices




What did I learn that increased my understanding of Manaiakalani kaupapa and pedagogy?

At the beginning of the DFI I was very new to Manaiakalani, the way of teachinging, the pedagogy

and so on. Through the weeks I have developed a greater understanding and appreciation.
This week I became award that everything we get out students to do is based around their learning
and supports that. For example this week we learned how to use Harpara more effectively and how
to help the students organise their files. We also looked at a range of technology used including ipads
and Chromebooks. We looked at software that supports our learners like Explain Everything (on iPads).
All elements that we looked at soul purpose was to make learning happen. The student's learning is the
absolute focus and activities, tasks, readings, are all built on helping this happen.

What did I learn that could improve my confidence, capability or workflow as a professional?

I enjoyed learning more about iPads this week. I use Chromebooks in my class and I was great

to explore iPads. We used a programme called Explain everything. It was quite clunky to use but
in a junior context it would be good to develop a range of skills such as collecting information,
ordering and sorting, reading, maths exploration and so on. Screenshot of explain everything.
I learned a lot about using quick keys to help students using their Chromebooks. This week I will

spend time teaching my students some of these keys. They are all helpful but the one I am most
excited about teaching them is the screenshot quick key
What did I learn that could be used with my learners?  

I really enjoyed learning more about what the Chromebook is like to use. It helped me develop a

greater understanding for my students technology. I enjoyed learning more about Harapara and
especially enjoyed finding out about the sharing folder. Now I know it is there I will put in my planning
to work with my students to tidy it up! I also found the session using Screencastify very helpful. I use
Screencastify a lot in my teaching at the moment. It was great to see other ways it can be utilised.

Example of screencastify

What did I learn that could improve my confidence, capability or workflow in my personal life?
I found understanding for about the technology my students are using really helpful. They are able to achieve so much. By planning tasks and experiences that are meaningful they can literally achieve anything. I am really excited to teach them how to use screenshot quick keys this week and see what they can create and share using this.

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Jess,
    it was really difficult to read your post. The words are running off the page. Did yo copy and paste them from somewhere? If so - always paste using control+shift+v.
    To edit this go into the blog editing window, select all the text and in the menu bar is a T with a small red cross by it - click on that. You may find that the text becomes very spaced out so you will need to delete all the white space between lines.
    See you on Friday.
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete