Thursday 5 March 2020

Learn Create Share


  • What did I learn that increased my understanding of Manaiakalani kaupapa and pedagogy?
I have developed a greater understanding of the power that Learn, Create, Share has on students.
It increases engagement and participation. The teacher can scaffold new learning and support the
student. As the student becomes more familiar with the range of processes the teacher is able to
increase their ability to successfully become independent.

  • What did I learn that could improve my confidence, capability or workflow as a professional?

Using tables to set out worksheets, newsletters, tasks and so on.
Use remove.bg to remove the background of an image.
Use Lorem Ipsum to show where text should go.
Use dragging across tabs to move photos.
Use the title, headings to direct students to certain parts of the text. High light, add comment and assign
comment to a student to ask questions for them to answer.
Use making a group in your email.
Used my professional blog for the first time. It is a way of remembering skills I have learnt to use as a
reference later.

  • What did I learn that could be used with my learners?  
Different ways to set up independent tasks that are meaningful to students but allow the teacher to have
more time to plan lessons for the groups.
Give the children a piece of text. They can add comments and questions without the teacher prompt.

  • What did I learn that could improve my confidence, capability or workflow in my personal life?

Practice, give the students opportunity to practice and become fluent. Learn new tasks and teach others
how to do it is very powerful for me and for my students.


2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Jess,
    Just love your point about setting meaningful independent task for learners that gives you as the teacher more time for teaching. Yay! I look forward to hearing how you implement this with your learners.
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Jess,
    how exciting to read about your first day at DFI. I loved DFI when I did it last year and I learnt so much! I like that way you reflected on what you covered today and how you see the way to using it in your class. When you wrote about setting meaningful independent tasks can you see the role your class site plays in this?
    I notice that your embedded doc is a small box. I can help you edit this tomorrow when I am in your class so we can see your fabulous creation without having to scroll.
    Ka pai to mahi!
    Mā te wā
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete